All of our anthropology-based educational programs focus on teaching students to respect and understand other cultures. We have a variety of programs that can be easily integrated into your curriculum (science, social studies, fine arts, English language arts, and math). Each is fun and interactive for your students.
Electronic Field Trip
Our Electronic Field Trip (E.F.T.) takes the traditional field trip educational experience to another level! The E.F.T. is entirely online and designed as an interactive learning tool for your students. Several different activities ensure that your students will enjoy learning about indigenous cultures around the world without leaving the classroom.
- A series of videos delivered over the Web that provide an entertaining tour of different sections of the museum. The tour focuses on the Peoples of Africa, South America, Papua New Guinea, and Mexico
- Curricula covering TEKS for K-12 science, social studies, English language arts, and math.
Discovery Boxes are excellent educational tools that allow your students to experience cultures around the world in a unique and interactive way. Discovery boxes come in 12 different themes and include a variety of objects from our museum’s collection. Your students will be able to touch and examine the objects while completing included activities and worksheets that encourage them think critically about the world around them.
- A teacher’s guide with detailed object descriptions
- Curricula covering TEKS for K-12 science, social studies, English language arts, fine arts, and math
- Eye-opening activities that guide your students through understanding the objects
Classroom Programs on Anthropology
Our docents will gladly come to your classroom to introduce your students to the cultures featured in our museum. Docents bring objects from our museum collection to your classroom to allow your students to touch and experience them firsthand. Guided activities provide a flexible and interactive experience for your students.
Museum Tour of Indigenous Cultures
If you prefer a traditional field trip for your students, the International Museum of Cultures is here to make your experience worthwhile. Our tours are both educational and fun. They can include crafts, interactive activities, and more! We will work with you to tailor your tour to your needs.
For further information…
Contact us to discuss how we can assist you and your educational objectives. We will work together to meet your needs and the needs of your students.